- Sports Medicine / Shoulder and Knee Reconstruction Fellowship, Hospital for Special Surgery
New York, NY. August, 2002 - Present
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Hospital for Special Surgery
New York, NY. July, 1998 – June 2002
- Travelling Fellowship in Shoulder Surgery with Prof. Christian Gerber, Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland, April 22 – May 8, 2002
- General Surgery Internship, The New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center
New York, NY. July, 1997 – June, 1998
- Dartmouth-Brown Combined Medical Program
Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI. 1995-1997
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH. 1993-1995
- Bryn Mawr Postbaccalaureate Program, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Pre-medical curriculum, August 1992 - June 1993
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
B.A. History, minor Psychology with Honors, June, 1991
- Dartmouth Language Study Abroad Program, Lyon, France
Université de Lyon. September – November 1998
- Columbia University Science Honors Program, New York, NY.
September – March 1987
Licensure and Board Exams
- Subspecialty Boards Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Connecticut State Medical License
- Usmle: Step One - June 1995
Step Two - March 1997
Step Three - December 1997
- Board Certified by American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- The outside-in technique for arthroscopic meniscal repair
David B. Cohen, Thomas L. Wickiewicz Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine April 2003 (Vol. 11, Issue 2, Pages 91-103)
- Indomethacin and celecoxib impair rotator cuff tendon-to-bone healing.
Cohen DB, Kawamura S, Ehteshami JR, Rodeo SA.
American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2006 Mar;34(3):362-9. Epub 2005 Oct 6.
(Winner of Excellence in Research Award for Best Sports Medicine Paper by American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine)
- Arthroscopic repair of type II superior labral anterior posterior lesions with and without acromioplasty: a clinical analysis of 50 patients.
Coleman SH, Cohen DB, Drakos MC, Allen AA, Williams RJ, O'brien SJ, Altchek DW, Warren RF.
American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2007 May;35(5):749-53. Epub 2007 Jan 31.
- Outcomes of isolated type II SLAP lesions treated with arthroscopic fixation using a bioabsorbable tack.
Cohen DB, Coleman S, Drakos MC, Allen AA, O'Brien SJ, Altchek DW, Warren RF.
Arthroscopy. 2006 Feb;22(2):136-42.
- The "Overabuse Syndromes": Children in Sports.
Radomisli T, Ehrlich M, Cohen D Rhode Island Medicine, 1997.
- Earliest Molecular, Biologic, and Immunohistochemical Manifestations of Bone
Formation Under the effect of Weight Bearing in Distraction Osteogenesis – A
Preliminary Report. Radomisli TE, Ehrlich MG, Moore DD, Keeping HS, Barrach
HJ, Cohen DB. Presented at Orthopaedic Research
Society, Orlando, Florida, March 2000)
Leadership / Work
- Head Team Physician, Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT, 2003-present
Weekly sports clinics, game coverage Division I, ECAC
- Instructor, Dept. Athletic Training, Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT, 2003-present
- Head Team Physician, Amity Regional High School Football Team, 2008-present
- Head Team Physician, Yale University Men's Rugby Team, 2008-2014.
- Head Team Physician, New Haven County Cutters Professional Baseball Team, 2004-2007
- Head Team Physician, Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT,
- Team Physician, The New York Power
New York's Women's Professional Soccer Team, 2002 - 2003
- Physician, PSAL High School Football, New York, NY
Employed by league to cover games during season, 1998 – 2002
- Physician, Shea Stadium, New York, NY
Employed to cover injuries at Mets baseball games, 1998-2000
- Physician, Vermont Orthopaedic Clinic, Rutland, VT
Worked at Killington Mountain Clinic and Rutland Hospital, February, 2000
- Physician, Iona College Hockey Team, New York, NY
Employed by team to cover games during season, Fall- Winter, 2000-2003
- Director, Handicapped Ski and Sport Program, Hanover, NH
October, 1993 – March 1995
- Ski Guide and Translator, 1992 Winter Olympics, Albertville, France
Employed by Sports Illustrated
- Undergraduate Advisor, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
Orientation leader, salaried advisor, 1988 - 1989
- Ski Coach, Leader, and French Language Instructor, Zermatt, Switzerland
Employed by Swiss Challenge Program. Summers 1991, 1989.
- Member, Dartmouth Men's Alpine Ski Team
- Expedition leader, Ascent of the Matterhorn
- Bilingual (French and English)